Lone Wolf and Cub: The Beauty of Escaping Blood
Five reasons why I think Lone Wolf and Cub may be my favorite comic story ever told. Which (as anyone who knows me knows) essentially means it is, in fact, the greatest comic story ever told.
5) I read Dark Horse’s Lone Wolf and Cub digest series twice in a row. 8,700 pages times two. I was so struck by the beauty of both the story and its violence that one pass didn’t do.
4) I yearned to understand what the ending meant. I still do.
3) After finishing the first time, I immediately missed the people I had spent weeks getting to know.
2) I researched the series as I read, to learn of motifs I’d missed.
1) I secretly wished for a son for months after I passed through the last page.
Long live Itto! Best dad ever!